1593 - 1636 I-Mallingkang Daeng Manyon-ri Karaeng Katangka Matowaya Sultan 'Abdu'llah Awwal al-Islam [Tumammalianga-ri Agamana], 6th Karaeng Tallo. b. 1575, educ. privately. Served as Regent of Gowa 1593-1596. Succeeded on the abdication of his nephew, 1596. Nicknamed 'Karaeng Matoaya' the old Karaeng. The first of his line to adopt Islam, he assumed the style of Sultan 'Abdu'llah Awwal al-Islam, 22nd September 1605. He also held the territorial titles of Karaeng Kanjilo, Karaeng Segeri, Karaeng Barombong, Karaeng Data and Karaeng Allu. m. Karaeng Manaungi. m. Karaeng-ri Naung (d. 20th June 1645). He d. 1st October 1636, having had issue:
· 1) Karaeng Patinga Tampatsina.
· 2) I-Manginyarang Karaeng Kanjilo Daeng Makiya Sultan 'Abdu'l Ja'afar Muzaffar, 8th Karaeng Tallo (s/o Karaeng-ri Naung) - see below.
· 3) I-Mangadachina Daeng Sitaba Karaeng Pattingalong [Tumenanga-ri Bontobirang]. b. August 1600 (s/o Karaeng-ri Naung). Tuma'bicarabutta of Gowa. Regent of Tallo from 1637, until his death. A learned ruler, fluent in Arabic, English, French, Latin, Makassarese, Malay, Portuguese, and Spanish. Highly conversant with European literature and mathematics, he maintained an extensive library with books on a wie variety of subjects and in several languages. m. Daeng Ngani. He d. at Bontobirang, 15th September 1653, having had issue:
· a) Karaeng Karunrung 'Abdu'l Hamid [Tumananga-ri Ujuntana]. b. 4th September 1631, educ. privately. Tuma'bicara-butta of Gowa 1654-1664 and 1677-1679. m. (first) 31st August 1646 (div. 6th January 1650), I-Mangurangi Karaeng Tamasanga (b. 7th June 1628; m. second, 17th June 1650, La Basolangi Sultan Ahmad Nazir ud-din, Datu of Luwu), daughter of Karaeng Sumanna, sometime Tuma'bicara-butta of Gowa. m. (second) Lomo Galorang (d. 14th February 1718). m. (third) (div. 29th June 1666) Sira Daeng Talele Karaeng Ballajawa (b. 10th September 1634; m. 16th March 1668, H.H. La Tan-ri Tatta Turong Tori Sompi Patta Malampei Gammana Daeng Serang To' Appatunru Paduka Sri Sultan Sa'ad ud-din, Arumpone of Bone; and d. 11th February 1721), former wife of Karaeng Bonto' Maronu, and younger daughter of I-Mallewai Daeng Ma'nassa Karaeng Mataoya, Karaeng of Chenrana and sometime Tumalailang of Gowa, by his wife, Daeng Mangeppe, daughter of I-Mallingkaang Daeng Mannyon-ri Karaeng Matoaya Sultan 'Abdu'llah Awwal al-Islam, Karaeng Tallo. m. (fourth) 1st August 1670, I-Tani. m. (fifth) 6th December 1675, I-Sarampa. He d. at Ujuntana, 27th January 1685, having had issue:
· i) Daeng Mattiru Manginara Majid ud-din. b. 5th April 1648 (s/o Tamasanga). m. 10th February 1663, the Princess of Dompu.
· ii) I-Maminawang Daeng Mangalliki Karaeng Kaballokang. m. 8th February 1669 (div. 6th April 1673), I-Bulomabassung I-Sunggu Daeng Talebang Karaeng Langelo Siti Latifa (b. 29th May 1655; d. 23rd April 1730), eldest daughter of H.H. I-Mallombassi Daeng Mattawang Karaeng Bonto Mangngape Sultan Muhammad Bakar Hasan ud-din Makassarnya, Sultan of Gowa, by his second wife, I-Peta' Daeng Nisali, daughter of Karaeng Banjuanjara of Sanrabone. He d. 11th January 1717, having had issue, a son:
· (1) Karaeng Pangkajini 'Abdu'l Mumenin. b. 10th March 1670.
· iii) Karaeng Mandalle I-Tulolo Taj ud-din. b. 27th December 1653 (s/o Lomo Galorang). m. (first) 13th April 1670 (div. 1672), Daeng Mainga (b. 1653; m. second, 28th October 1672, I-Mappasomba Daeng Nguraga Sultan Amir Hamzah bin Sultan Muhammad Bakar Hasan ud-din, Sultan of Gowa; and b. 1653; d. 11th April 1734), daughter of Karaeng Bontokappang. m. (second) 11th November 1687, as her first husband, Karaeng Bontowa Siti Mutiat ud-din (b. 4th April 1665; d. at Rejo, Flores, 18th January 1714), daughter of Karaeng Ballo, by his wife, Karaeng Lakiyung Siti Shafur, youngest daughter of I-Mannuntungi Daeng Mattola Karaeng Ujung Sultan Muhammad Malik us-Said, Sultan of Gowa. He d. 9th April 1690, having had issue:
· (1) Muhammad Said. b. 20th August 1671 (s/o Daeng Mainga).
· iv) Karaeng Bontomanai. m. 21st August 1683 (div. 15th July 1684), Daeng Mami Roqayah (b. 28th August 1670; m. second, 21st October 1684, To' Wappa, Arung Belo), youngest daughter of H.H. I-Mallombassi Daeng Mattawang Karaeng Bonto Mangngape Sultan Muhammad Bakar Hasan ud-din Makassarnya, Sultan of Gowa, by his fourth wife, Majannang I-Lo'mo' Tobo.
· i) Nur ul-Mahali. b. 30th October 1645.
· ii) Siti Anisha. b. 21st October 1649 (d/o Karaeng Tamasanga).
· iii) Daeng Nisaju. m. (first) (div. 14th May 1674), Daeng Marupa. m. (second) 5th September 1674, I-Mappatunru Daeng Matulang, Karaeng of Tanette (Agaang-niyanja), son of Daeng Matiring Ibrahim, Karaeng of Tanette (Agaang-niyanja). m. (third) 11th August 1677, Arung Marowangi [Marowangieng] (d. 7th January 1688), of Bone, brother of Arung Teko. m. (fourth) 31st October 1677 (div. 3rd July 1687), Arung Teko (d. 24th June 1718). She d. in Bima, 20th May 1730, having had issue, by Arung Teko, a son and a daughter:
· (1) Daeng Mamuntuli, Arung Kayu. b. 18th April 1678 (s/o Arung Teko). He d. at Maros, 7th December 1736.
· (1) Karaeng Balassari Zainab [Saena]. b. 9th August 1684 (s/o Arung Teko).
· iv) I-Saburo Daeng Mattini Karaeng Bontoramba. b. at Pasir, East Borneo, 1665 (d/o Karaeng Ballajawa). m. (first) 11th March 1677 (div. 13th August 1680), H.H. I-Mappajanji Daeng Matinri Karaeng Kanjilo Paduka Sri Sultan 'Abdu'l Kadir I, Sultan of Tallo (b. 7th January 1666; d. 8th January 1709), elder son of H.H. Karaeng Mapaijo Daeng Manjauru Sultan Harun ar-Rashid, Sultan of Tallo - see below. m. (second) 27th May 1682, La Malewai Karaeng Barrong, Arung Ujung, Aru of Barru, and Adatawang of Sidenreng, son of I-Limpo Daeng Mannako, Aru of Barru, by her husband, La Tenritipe, Arung Ujung, Adatawang of Sidenreng, by whom she had issue, one son and one daughter - see Indonesia (Barru). m. (third) 19th September 1688, Pakampi Daeng Mangemba, Arung Matowa Tanette (d. 15th February 1692), Regent of Sijang, son of the To' Sawa, Arung Tanette Matowa, by whom she had issue, two daughters - see below. m. (fourth) 1705, Aji Pangeran Adipati Tua ing Martapura [Pangeran Jambayan], Raja of Kutai Kertanegara (d. 1730), son of Aji Ragi Ratu Agung, Raja of Kutai Kertanegara. She d. at Kutai, 9th November 1712:
· (1) Zainab. b. 2nd August 1693 (d/o Daeng Mangemba). m. 1708, as his first wife, La Padang Sajati To' Apawara Paduka Sri Sultan Sulaiman, Arumpone of Bone (b. 23rd September 1691), third son of H.H. La Patau Paduka Sri Sultan Idris, Arumpone. She had issue - see Indonesia (Bone).
· (2) I-Ninu (d/o Daeng Mangemba). She d. in Tanette, 15th February 1728.
· b) Karaeng Bontosunggu Muhammad Shafi [Tumenanga-ri Taenga]. b. 26th December 1643, educ. privately. Regent of Tallo from 1653. Tuma'bicarabutta of Gowa 1685. m. (first) 6th August 1656 (div.), I-Sungguminasa Daeng Naratang Karaeng Sanggiringang Rabia (b. 8th January 1645; m. second, 8th November 1658, Karaeng Bungaya Salah ud-din), second daughter of I-Mannuntungi Daeng Mattola Karaeng Ujung Sultan Muhammad Malik us-Said, Sultan of Gowa, by his wife, I-Biessu Talampuang. m. (second), 24th October 1687, Karaeng Ballakeria. He d. 3rd July 1726, having had issue, one son and one daughter:
· i) H.H. Karaeng Majannang La Senrisang Sultan 'Abdu'l Kadir II, Sultan of Tallo - see below.
· i) Siti Hawa. b. 21st May 1710 (d/o the Lomo'). She d. 16th January 1720.
· a) I-Maminasa Daeng Sangnging Siti Safiyah. b. 2nd March 1633. m. 12th February 1645, as his first wife, H.H. I-Mallombassi Daeng Mattawang Karaeng-ri Bonto Mangngape Sultan Muhammad Bakir Hasan ud-din Makassarnya, Sultan of Gowa, son of I-Mannuntung Daeng Mattola Karaeng-ri Ujung Karaeng-ri Lakiung Sultan Malik us-Said, Sultan of Gowa, by his wife, Laikang Pattopakang I-Sa'be Lo'mo' Takontu, of Bone. She d. 11th October 1648, having had issue - see Indonesia (Gowa).
· b) I-Bata Daeng Tombi Karaeng Pabiniyang Siti Maimuna [Tumenanga-ri Bonto Biraeng]. b. 17th October 1637. m. (fifth) 21st May 1654, as his chief wife (div), H.H. I-Mallombassi Daeng Mattawang Karaeng Bonto Mangngape Sultan Muhammad Bakar Hasan ud-din Makassarnya, Sultan of Gowa (b. 12th January 1631; d. 12th June 1670), eldest son of I-Mannuntungi Daeng Mattola Karaeng Ujung Sultan Muhammad Malik us-Said, Sultan of Gowa, by his chief wife, Pattopakang I-Sa'be Lo'mo' Takontu. She had issue - see Indonesia (Gowa). m. (second), 16th September 1669, La Ten-ri Tuppa To' Walenae, Adatuwang of Sidenreng (d. 26th March 1721). She d. 13th December 1696, having had further issue - see Indonesia (Sidenreng).
· 5) La Mallawakkang Daeng Sisila Karaeng Popo 'Abdu'l Kadir. b. 1615. Governor of Papekat until 1667. m. 2nd November 1650, I-Sinuku'. He d. at Bima, 7th March 1680, having had issue, two sons:
· a) Karaeng Bontomanompo Muhammad. b. 31st March 1647. m. (first) (div. 29th December 1680), Daeng Marannu Karaeng Laikang (m. second, 14th September 1684, H.H. La Tan-ri Tatta Turong Tori Sompi Patta Malampei Gammana Daeng Serang To' Appatunru Paduka Sri Sultan Sa'ad ud-din, Arumpone of Bone), daughter of Pakkemba Karaeng Bonto' Maronu, of Gowa. m. (second) 27th August 1696, with the great-grandmother of Makkaraeng. He d. 22nd January 1733, having had issue:
· i) Daeng Mamangung I-Karisa. b. 5th September 1672.
· i) Daeng Matene Siti Abida. b. 31st October 1699. m. 18th June 1716, H.H. I-Mappaurangi Karaeng Kanjilo Paduka Sri Sultan Siraj ud-din, Sultan of Gowa and Tallo (b. 17th November 1687; d. 22nd January 1739), son of H.H. I-Mappajanji Daeng Matinri Karaeng Kanjilo Paduka Sri Sultan 'Abdu'l Kadir I, Sultan of Tallo, by his first wife, Karaeng Parang-parang, daughter of I-Mappaosong Daeng Mangngewai Karaeng Bisei Sultan Muhammad 'Ali, Sultan of Gowa. She d. 5th March 1724, having had issue, one son - see Indonesia (Gowa).
· b) Karaeng Bontopanno 'Abdu'l Ghafur. b. 14th April 1652 (s/o I-Sinuku'). Tuma'ilalang of Gowa. m. at Limpangang, 1st October 1719 (div. 20th February 1720), Karaeng Bontomasugi (d. 8th March 1740). He d. 6th February 1731.
· c) Daeng Mamaro. He was k. in battle, 3rd April 1675.
· 6) Tumataya-ri Bantang Daeng Mangemba (full-brother of Karaeng Kanjilo). Went on the pilgrimage to Mecca, 1632. He d. at Banten, 20th May 1632.
· 1) Daeng Mangeppe (full sister of Karaeng Popo). m. (div. 29th January 1650) I-Mallewai Daeng Ma'nassa Karaeng Mataoya. Karaeng-ri Mangngappe' later Karaeng-ri Cenrana. She d. 27th March 1676, having had issue, one son and two daughters - see Indonesia (Chenrana).
Sumber : Royal and Ruling Houses of Africa, Asia, Oceania and the Americas
Download Pdf lengkapnya :
Download Pdf lengkapnya :